Okcupid.com is one of the most controversial dating website among the others. As a rule, singles all over the world are extremely fond of it or completely hate this site. The point is that the service is absolutely free. So there is a great opportunity for communication and dating for those who are not going to spend money on such activities. On the other hand, the free membership attracts scammers and unprincipled crooks. Another alluring option of okcupid.com is an intellectual selection of the most matching person. When you register, the system suggests you to answer personal questions from the list and scanning the results, choose the person with the most similar answers. Finally, okcupid.com is available at Facebook and easy at use.
Okcupid.com was found in 2003 and has gained great fame among singles. The popularity of the service is rather high and is about four million active users.
1. There are several special features in okcupid.com, which make the activities more convenient and interesting.
2. There is a possibility to view the visitors of your page and vice versa, the other users are able to see your photo image, if you visited their pages. Choose invisible option if you don’t want to use this function.
3. If you want to show your personal commitment for somebody, send wink – a special sign of attention.
4. Hide those, who you dislike and don’t want to communicate with.
5. You are able to send an instant message using Hookup or the original messenger of the network.
6. There is a special function of rating other people with a scale. When your rating is high, you are more popular and look more charming in the eyes of your potential partner.
7. The option allows creating questions for the newcomers.
The membership is absolutely free, but there is a possibility to purchase paid account. The advanced account allows hiding the annoying advertisement and costs about ten dollars a month.
The site is unfortunately full of scammers and the level of the users is sure to be not high. Those who wants serious relationships are likely to choose paid resources with high safety qualities.
Ease of Use
Okcupid.com possesses very simple interface and easy operation. The network has an app for mobile devices, so you can be always online. The synchronization with Facebook gives the perfect opportunity to invite friends to the service and upgrade your account because of the higher rating.
Pros and Cons
• A huge list of potential partners.
• Apps for mobile devices, the synchronization with Facebook.
• Very sophisticated and intellectual system of match searching.
• Games, tests and other activities are included.
• Annoying advertisement everywhere.
• Low level of user’s attractiveness.
The Bottom Line
The review of Okcupid.com shows that the website is rather popular and is appropriate for those who tries such a service at first time. It can be a kind of training platform, before you log in some more respectable site. To sum it up, Okcupid.com has three on a scale.